Psssst…your banana bread just got an upgrade; this cookie butter swirled banana bread is flavorful, super moist, and full of cookie butter flavor throughout!
- 3 extra ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp cookie butter, melted and slightly cooled, plus more for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter or baking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper and let the sides hang over about an inch for easy lifting. Butter/spray bottom and sides of parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash up the bananas. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time until fully combined. Add in mashed bananas.
- Reduce speed to low and alternate adding in flour mixture with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture (3 additions of flour, 2 additions of sour cream). Be sure to stop and scrape bowl as needed. Beat until smooth and fully combined. Fold in chopped walnuts with a spatula.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan and drizzle melted cookie butter directly on top. Then pour remaining batter on top of cookie butter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes and then invert onto a rack, removing parchment paper. Drizzle more melted cookie butter on top. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Feel free to use your favorite nut butter as an alternate.
I typically buy my cookie butter at Trader Joes but you should be able to find it at any local grocery store.
Cookie butter can be melted in the microwave in a microwave safe dish.