This amazing creamy chicken and mushrooms recipe is so easy to make and comes together in ONE PAN. This dish is braised with shallots, garlic, white wine, parmesan, fresh herbs, and more!
- 6 bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Season chicken thighs generously with salt, pepper, and paprika. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Once butter is sizzling, sear chicken thighs on both sides, about 3-5 minutes each side. We’re just cooking chicken on both sides for brownness as they will finish cooking internally later on. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add in chopped shallot and sauté until tender and translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms are deeply browned, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add in minced garlic and let cook until fragrant, while stirring, about 2 minutes. Toss in thyme sprigs.
- Pour in white wine, stock, cream; stir together to combine everything and let mixture come up to a boil, about 3-5 minutes. Then sprinkle in parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Lastly, add chicken thighs back into skillet and take a spoon to drizzle sauce over tops of chicken. Cover pan with lid and reduce heat to medium-low and allow chicken to continue cooking internally, about 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through completely. Halfway through, be sure to flip chicken for even cooking.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Braising
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken, chicken thighs, creamy, one pan, mushrooms