Creamy Chicken And Mushrooms
This amazing creamy chicken and mushrooms recipe is so easy to make and comes together in ONE PAN. Perfect for weeknights is this dish that’s braised with shallots, garlic, white wine, parmesan, and fresh herbs!
Y’all, I’m back at it again with yet another bomb chicken thigh recipe for you! If you’re new around these parts, you should know just how obsessed I am with chicken thighs. I mean, I just love this dark meat.
They’re my ultimate favorite for so many reasons. Chicken thighs are typically inexpensive, they’re not too small and not too big either. Also, I find that they cook up well in skillets much easier than other chicken parts. And this goes for bone-in chicken parts, of course. So yeah, I’m team chicken thighs all day baby!
When I tell you that I am just beside myself over this creamy chicken and mushrooms recipe, you guys! Listen, I am someone who doesn’t even really care for mushrooms like that. I don’t hate them but I’m not drooling for them either. I had some extra on hand, played around, and developed this bangin’ new recipe.
And the flavors…my goodness. So much depth of flavor from the spices, white wine, shallots, garlic, fresh herbs, and more! If there are any anti-mushroom peeps, I feel you. Trust me when I tell you that the mushroom taste is subtle, if any at all. The mushrooms sort of absorb the flavor and juices from everything else; you’ll probably barely even notice that you’re eating mushrooms, ha! Okay, so let’s discuss.
Creamy Chicken And Mushrooms Ingredients
I included step-by-step process photos showing the making of this recipe to help you 🖤
(Note: the full ingredients list, including measurements, is provided in the recipe card directly below.)
- Chicken Thighs: you’ll need six bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs.
- Seasonings: using basic spices here such as salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Butter: we’ll use this fat to sauté the chicken thighs in!
- Chicken Stock: used in part to give creaminess and more flavor.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: adds some deliciously creaminess to the overall sauce.
- Mushrooms: use baby bella mushrooms aka portobello mushrooms.
- White Wine: a nice dry (non-sweet) white wine like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc.
- Shallot: one large shallot that’ll give you about 2 heaping tablespoons worth.
- Garlic: four garlic cloves, finely minced up!
- Fresh Thyme: about four sprigs of thyme will do.
- Parmesan Cheese: one cup, freshly grated…yum.
How To Make This Creamy Chicken And Mushrooms Recipe
- Season chicken thighs generously with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Once butter is hot and sizzling, sear chicken thighs on both sides and then set aside.
- Add chopped shallot into same skillet and sauté until tender.
- Then add in mushrooms and let cook until browned.
- Add in minced garlic and continue cooking until fragrant. Add in thyme sprigs.
- Pour in white wine, chicken broth, and cream and then let come up to a boil.
- Sprinkle in parmesan cheese, stir, and then add chicken thighs back into pan.
Can I Use A Substitute For Heavy Cream?
I prefer heavy cream because of it’s super creamy consistency for this recipe. However, feel free to use half and half as an alternate. Also, coconut cream will work too but it will change the overall taste a bit.
Don’t Have/Can’t Find A Shallot?
To replace a shallot: use a regular white onion, chopped up, about 1/3 cup!
What To Pair With This Recipe
- Smoked Gouda Mac And Cheese
- Southern Collard Greens Recipe
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Pork Belly
- Southern Style Mac And Cheese
Y’all, I am over the moon about this creamy chicken and mushrooms recipe. And you already know that I’m hoping you will be too. It’s simply scrumptious, slightly elevated, and downright easy to make! YES.
Looking For More Chicken Recipes?
- Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs With Capers
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwiches With Slaw
- Creamy Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi
- The Best Honey Mustard Chicken
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
UNTIL NEXT TIME…LOVE AND BUTTER,
This amazing creamy chicken and mushrooms recipe is so easy to make and comes together in ONE PAN. This dish is braised with shallots, garlic, white wine, parmesan, fresh herbs, and more!
- 6 bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Season chicken thighs generously with salt, pepper, and paprika. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Once butter is sizzling, sear chicken thighs on both sides, about 3-5 minutes each side. We’re just cooking chicken on both sides for brownness as they will finish cooking internally later on. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add in chopped shallot and sauté until tender and translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms are deeply browned, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add in minced garlic and let cook until fragrant, while stirring, about 2 minutes. Toss in thyme sprigs.
- Pour in white wine, stock, cream; stir together to combine everything and let mixture come up to a boil, about 3-5 minutes. Then sprinkle in parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Lastly, add chicken thighs back into skillet and take a spoon to drizzle sauce over tops of chicken. Cover pan with lid and reduce heat to medium-low and allow chicken to continue cooking internally, about 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through completely. Halfway through, be sure to flip chicken for even cooking.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
Keywords: chicken, chicken thighs, creamy, one pan, mushrooms