This one pan creamy spinach artichoke chicken is insanely good to the last bite. Extra juicy, succulent, and flavorful chicken pan seared to perfection; combined with a deliciously tasty spinach artichoke sauce. Perfect meal for weeknights and more!
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 12–14 ounce jarred marinated artichokes, liquid discarded/reserved
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise to obtain four thinner cutlets. Season cutlets with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the mixture has melted, sauté the chicken on both sides, about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown in color. Then transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add chopped shallot and broth to pan, then let it come up to a slight boil, about 1 minute or so.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; then add in cream, parmesan cheese, artichokes, and spinach. Stir to combine all ingredients, and allow mixture to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and cook until sauce has thickened, spinach has wilted, and chicken is cooked through completely, about 5-10 minutes.
- Season with more salt/pepper, if desired, and serve dish immediately. Enjoy!
- I used marinated artichokes that are oil-packed as opposed to canned artichokes in water. Feel free to use either one but be sure to drain the excess oil/water prior to adding them into the skillet.
- If using oil-packed artichokes, you can reserve the leftover oil to make salad dressing.
- Category: entrée, dinner, lunch
- Method: sauté
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one pan, chicken, spinach,