This one-pan Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken is insanely good to the last bite. Extra juicy, flavorful chicken pan-seared and swimming in a lip-smacking spinach artichoke sauce. So creamy, so easy, and makes for a scrumptious weeknight chicken dinner. Pair this one alongside your favorite sides for a complete, filling meal!
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise (to make 4 cutlets)
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes- optional
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (heaping) cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 12-ounce jar marinated & quartered artichokes, liquid drained & discarded/reserved
- 5-ounce package fresh baby spinach
- On a large plate or small baking sheet, season the chicken with old bay seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt/pepper- to taste. Use your hands to massage the spices into the chicken to coat on all surfaces. Then set the seasoned chicken aside.
- In a large, deep skillet or sauté pan over medium heat, add in the butter and olive oil. Once the mixture starts to sizzle, gently swirl the skillet to evenly coat the bottom. Place the chicken into the pan. Don’t overcrowd the skillet, cook the chicken in batches, if needed.
- Cook the chicken cutlets for 3-4 minutes per side or until the chicken is golden brown and slightly crisp with the chicken cooked through. To be precise, the internal temperature should read at least 165°F. Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean plate/platter and repeat the process with any remaining chicken, as needed.
- If the skillet is looking dry after cooking the chicken, add a slick more of oil, only if needed. Then add in the chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring every so often. Then add in the garlic and continue cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Next, pour in the broth and lemon juice to deglaze the pan, use a wooden utensil to stir the broth into the onion mixture, scraping up any bits. Let it bubble for 1-2 minutes or until the broth has noticeably reduced a bit. Then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Pour in the cream and sprinkle in the parmesan cheese, stirring to combine. Add in the artichokes and fresh spinach, gently mixing everything together well to fully combine.
- Allow the spinach artichoke mixture to simmer together for 2-3 minutes, the spinach will wilt down significantly. Then add the cooked chicken back into the pan along with any residual juices. Continue cooking the entire dish for another 3-4 minutes, until the chicken has simmered in the pan and the sauce has thickened some.
- Serve the creamy spinach artichoke chicken immediately, spooning the sauce mixture over the chicken, and pair alongside your favorite side items (mashed potatoes, rice, pasta, etc.), if desired. Enjoy!
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
Keywords: one pan dinner, chicken dinner, spinach artichoke, spinach artichoke chicken, creamy chicken, creamy spinach artichoke chicken