This one pan creamy spinach artichoke chicken is insanely good to the last bite. Extra juicy, succulent, and flavorful chicken pan seared to perfection; combined with a deliciously tasty spinach artichoke sauce. Makes a perfect meal for weeknights and more!
Hey ya’ll, hey! ??
Awwww sookie sookie now, we’ve officially entered the month of February!
Did you catch all of the funny memes on social media about January being the longest month ever? I’ll be honest, I didn’t think it was, but maybe I didn’t pay much attention. Or probably because I had a lot going on, who knows. Nevertheless, I’m back with another delicious recipe for you. And friends, this one is just in time for you to whip up on Valentine’s Day no matter your situation mmkay, ha! Trust ya girl, this spinach artichoke chicken is what you want babe ?…
Believe me when I say that one pan dinner situations are arguably one of my most favorite things to make. I love a quick and easy meal that doesn’t lack some oomph and has some elevation to it. In addition, finding ingredients that are highly accessible when developing recipes is also equally important to me. As I’ve mentioned a few times before, these kind of easier/one pan recipes are always favorited among you lovely readers too. And just in case you missed it…
Other Easy Weeknight Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs With Capers
- Creamy Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi
- One-Pot Casarecce Pasta with Sausage
- The Best Honey Mustard Chicken
- Super Easy Beef Chili
- Creamy Vegan Jerk Pasta
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Ingredients
There is such a great amount of flavor in this dish. Each bite is filled with a tasty little bit of this and a tasty little bit of that. The following ingredients truly make this spinach artichoke chicken one phenomenal recipe:
- chicken breasts
- seasonings: salt/pepper/garlic powder
- marinated artichokes
- olive oil
- heavy whipping cream
- chicken broth
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- baby spinach
How To Make This Spinach Artichoke Chicken Recipe:
- Slice the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise. This will give you a total of four thinner chicken cutlets.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pan fry the chicken cutlets in the butter/olive oil on both sides until golden brown. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add the chopped shallot and broth to pan, and let come up to a slight boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; then add in cream, parmesan cheese, artichokes, and spinach. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and cook until sauce has thickened, spinach has wilted, and chicken is cooked through completely.
Can I Use Other Chicken Parts?
I don’t recommend this as the use of chicken breasts, once halved, work far greater for a few reasons. They tend to pan fry better and cook faster as opposed to other chicken parts.
Can I Substitute The Cream For Something Else?
Again, I do not recommend this one either. The use of heavy cream is highly unmatched to milk, half and half, or coconut milk/cream. Heavy whipping cream has a great texture and richness to it that really makes the sauce creamy and flavorful. In addition, the use of alternative types of cream may cause curdling and/or a different kind of flavor.
What To Serve With This Spinach Artichoke Chicken:
This recipe is absolutely freakin’ delicious with some mashed potatoes, your favorite veggies, and/or a side salad! Be sure to check out my smoked gouda mac and cheese, southern style mac and cheese, and these maple roasted brussels sprouts with pork belly for some extra deliciousness!
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
Until Next Time…love and butter,
This one pan creamy spinach artichoke chicken is insanely good to the last bite. Extra juicy, succulent, and flavorful chicken pan seared to perfection; combined with a deliciously tasty spinach artichoke sauce. Perfect meal for weeknights and more!
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 12–14 ounce jarred marinated artichokes, liquid discarded/reserved
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise to obtain four thinner cutlets. Season cutlets with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the mixture has melted, sauté the chicken on both sides, about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown in color. Then transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add chopped shallot and broth to pan, then let it come up to a slight boil, about 1 minute or so.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; then add in cream, parmesan cheese, artichokes, and spinach. Stir to combine all ingredients, and allow mixture to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and cook until sauce has thickened, spinach has wilted, and chicken is cooked through completely, about 5-10 minutes.
- Season with more salt/pepper, if desired, and serve dish immediately. Enjoy!
- I used marinated artichokes that are oil-packed as opposed to canned artichokes in water. Feel free to use either one but be sure to drain the excess oil/water prior to adding them into the skillet.
- If using oil-packed artichokes, you can reserve the leftover oil to make salad dressing.
- Category: entrée, dinner, lunch
- Method: sauté
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one pan, chicken, spinach,