These curry chicken lettuce wraps are incredibly good; perfectly ground chicken with heaps of an abundant Caribbean flavor profile! They’re so easy to make and healthier for you!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican curry powder
- salt/pepper, to taste
- 4 scallions (about 1/4 cup) chopped
- Butter Lettuce, for serving
- Optional: coleslaw/cabbage mix and more scallions, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm butter and olive oil. Brown ground chicken, breaking up meat with a wooden spatula, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add in onion, garlic, and fresh thyme. Continue cooking until onion softens and becomes translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste until it fully combines with ground chicken mixture.
- Season meat with cumin, curry powder, and salt/pepper. Stir together until everything is fully incorporated.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add in chopped scallions, and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon mixture onto lettuce cups, garnish with desired toppings, and enjoy!
- Since ground chicken is so lean and can dry out quickly, more fat: oil or butter, may be needed. If needed, add in a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American/Asian/Caribbean
Keywords: appetizer, curry, chicken, lettuce wraps