This super easy sausage and peppers recipe is sooo good: sautéed bell peppers and onions with hunks of juicy sausage. Extra flavor from Italian seasoning and garlic.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large white onion, sliced into half-moons
- 12–13 ounce sausage links, cut into rounds
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teapsoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Optional: steamed white rice, for serving
- In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté bell peppers and onions together until soft and lightly caramelized, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add in sausage rounds, stir together along with peppers/onions, and continue cooking until sausage achieves a golden brown color, about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add in minced garlic and sprinkle in seasonings. Stir together again and let cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot alongside steamed rice, if desired, and enjoy!
- Sausage and peppers will keep for 3-4 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: easy, one pan, sausage, peppers