Easy Sausage and Peppers Recipe
This super easy sausage and peppers recipe is sooo good: sautéed bell peppers and onions with hunks of juicy sausage. Extra flavor from Italian seasoning and garlic. Serve with steamed rice for a perfect meal!
Have you ever been so accustomed to making a specific thing that it just becomes second nature? And maybe you even think it’s nothing special, just a routine habit that you’ve done for years. That was me, so I thought, when I casually shared on my Instagram stories that I was making sausage and peppers one night.
Long story very short, I have never seen so many dm’s in my inbox, ha! People were asking me how I cooked it, where they could find my recipe…so on and so forth. I’ve been cooking sausage and peppers for so long and it never really occurred to me to make it a “blog worthy” recipe. It’s literally so easy and I didn’t think it would be so popular. However, what comes easily to some may not for others, right? So yeah, let’s begin!
There are so many sausage and peppers recipes floating around the web but this is my take on this Italian favorite. I love the ease + simplicity of it all. Additionally, I love the minimal prep work and how it all comes together in ONE PAN! Plus very few ingredients and no fuss makes it a great weeknight staple. Trust me, I make this recipe at least 2-3x a month in my house. It’s a recipe that everyone is happy to have in rotation.
Easy Sausage and Peppers Ingredients
(Note: the full ingredients list, including measurements, is provided in the recipe card directly below.)
- Bell Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
How To Make This Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- In a large skillet, melt butter/olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Then sauté bell peppers and onions together until soft, tender, and slightly caramelized.
- Add in sausage rounds and continue cooking until golden brown in color.
- Lastly, add in minced garlic and seasonings.
What Kind Of Sausage To Use
Literally any kind of sausage that you prefer! Use smoked sausage, Italian sausage, kielbasa sausage, andouille sausage, and even chorizo sausage! They all work perfectly in this recipe. Just make sure it’s the pre-cooked kind of sausage that you just heat up and not fresh sausage. Most grocery stores will sell commonly found pre-cooked sausage from brands like Hillshire Farm, Johnsonville, and Aidells.
Ways To Serve Up Sausage and Peppers
I almost always serve mine with steamed white rice and it never gets old! This recipe just goes so well with rice to make a complete meal. However, other ways to enjoy this recipe include:
- Hoagie Rolls: make it a sandwich situation + serve up on a nice soft and toasted hoagie!
- Broccoli: vegetables work great for a low carb option.
- Pasta: add it to your favorite kind of pasta or egg noodles.
- Side Salad: another great healthier side option!
- Creamy Risotto: make it super fancy and make some risotto.
- Garlic Bread: these sausage and peppers would be amazing with garlic bread!
And that’s that on that, y’all! I hope you love this easy sausage and peppers recipe ☺️
Other Recipes You May Also Like:
- Smoked Gouda Mac ‘N Cheese
- Pan Seared Salmon With Orzo + Asparagus
- Chicken Fettuccine With Lemon Cream Sauce
- One-Pot Casarecce Pasta
- Classic Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
- Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken
- Creamy Vegan Jerk Pasta
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
UNTIL NEXT TIME…LOVE AND BUTTER,
Easy Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian-American
This super easy sausage and peppers recipe is sooo good: sautéed bell peppers and onions with hunks of juicy sausage. Extra flavor from Italian seasoning and garlic.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large white onion, sliced into half-moons
- 12–13 ounce sausage links, cut into rounds
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teapsoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Optional: steamed white rice, for serving
- In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté bell peppers and onions together until soft and lightly caramelized, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add in sausage rounds, stir together along with peppers/onions, and continue cooking until sausage achieves a golden brown color, about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add in minced garlic and sprinkle in seasonings. Stir together again and let cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot alongside steamed rice, if desired, and enjoy!
- Sausage and peppers will keep for 3-4 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: easy, one pan, sausage, peppers
18 Comments on “Easy Sausage and Peppers Recipe”
This recipe was so delicious & very easy & quick to make! I used turkey kielbasa and served it with brown rice. My husband said it was now in his top 5 so I will definitely be making it again. I just started following you on Instagram so I am looking forward to trying more of your recipes!!!!
Hi Elizabeth, so happy you guys enjoyed this one, it’s a fave in my home too 🙂
Sorry I forgot to give you this 5 star rating!
This is one of the easiest and tastiest meals I’ve made. So quick and perfect after a long day at work.
Hi there, I’m so happy you enjoyed this recipe! 🙂
My favorite weeknight staple!! I’m so picky about what classifies as a weeknight meal. It has to be delicious, minimal prep, and easy to cook. This hits ALL the boxes. Super grateful for this recipe. My partner LOVES it too.
I really enjoyed how easy this was to make! I paired with Jasmine rice and was very satisfied. And my husband said it was so much better than traditional sausage, onion, and peppers on a roll! Definitely making again!
Hi Holly- love to hear it, so happy you both enjoyed! 🙂
Very good! Only thing I would do differently next time I make this is to add more peppers.
This was so good! Put them on long rolls to make sandwiches, super easy and tasty!
The best ever!! So easy and so delicious! Thank you
Super easy and quick; pasta with red sauce side is a must!
Don’t forget the garlic bread!!!
Delicious & Easy as can be!
This recipe was easy to make and delicious.
Great recipe. Definitely will try this again. Usually prefer crock pot or oven baked but this was great.
this came out great. i used some soy chorizo from trader joes and not regular sausage cause that’s my business lol. thank you!
Hi Nic- Lol love to hear it, glad you enjoyed the recipe! 🙂