This super easy + quick skillet lasagna recipe comes together beautifully in ONE PAN! Making lasagna has never been easier to make with this weeknight-friendly dish…ready to go in under 45 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium-sized white onion, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (24-ounce) jar of pasta sauce
- 10 dried lasagna strips, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley (flat leaf)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large, oven safe, skillet: heat oil over medium-low heat. Once oil is hot, add in sausage and use a wooden utensil to break up meat into pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cook until all meat is browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in chopped onion and continue cooking along with meat until onion becomes translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, pasta sauce, and uncooked lasagna pieces into same skillet.Gently stir mixture together.
- Cover skillet with a lid and bring to a simmer and allow pasta to cook, about 15-20 minutes. Be sure to stir every 5 minutes.
- To make cheese mixture: in a medium bowl; combine ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, chopped parsley, and Italian seasoning. Stir together to fully combine. Spoon cheese mixture directly on top of lasagna mixture.
- Top with more shredded mozzarella cheese, if desired.Remove from heat and cover to allow cheese to melt, about 5 minutes. Or for best results, place skillet in the oven to broil for at least 7-10 minutes until cheese is melty, bubbly, and lightly browned.
1. Feel free to use ground beef or ground turkey as sausage substitute.
2. You can use cottage cheese for a healthier cheese substitute.
Keywords: lasagna, easy, weeknight, skillet