This super easy + quick skillet lasagna recipe comes together beautifully in ONE PAN! Listen, making lasagna has never been easier to make with this weeknight-friendly dish…ready to go in under 45 minutes!
Whew…easy skillet lasagna. Can I call this new recipe my most favorite? Like I know that every single recipe that hits this blog is my fave but this one has me head over heels, ya’ll. It’s like when you ask a parent who their favorite child is and they say all of them but deep down that’s a lie, ha! I’m kidding, I’m kidding.
I found inspiration for this skillet lasagna off the back of a pasta box I had used one day. The recipe called for basic + minimal ingredients that lacked oomph to me so ya girl added her spin on it and jazzed it up some. Nevertheless, here we are with this incredible, easy, and insanely delicious weeknight meal.
Skillet Lasagna Ingredients
(Note: the full ingredients list, including measurements, is provided in the recipe card directly below.)
- Ground sausage: feel free to use ground beef or ground turkey, if you prefer.
- Onion: one medium-sized onion, chopped.
- Oil: used as fat to sauté the sausage.
- Lasagna Sheets: dried lasagna pasta strips, then broken into pieces.
- Pasta Sauce: I always recommend Rao’s pasta sauce…so delicious and simple ingredients!
- Chicken Broth: for added flavor and used along with pasta sauce.
- Seasonings: kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder is all that you need to season the meat.
- For the cheese mixture: you’ll need ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, fresh parsley, and Italian seasoning.
Other Easy Weeknight Recipes You May Enjoy
- One-Pot Creamy Beef Pasta
- Pan Seared Salmon with Orzo and Asparagus
- The Best Honey Mustard Chicken
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs with Capers
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken
- One-Pot Casarecce Pasta
- The Best Easy Meatballs Recipe
How To Make This Easy Skillet Lasagna (Video)
This skillet lasagna recipe comes together with a quickness, ya’ll…just peep the video for evidence 🖤
- In a large oven-safe skillet (10-12-inches), heat oil over medium-heat.
- Once oil is hot, add in sausage and cook until all meat has browned. Then season meat.
- Add in chopped onion and continue cooking along with meat.
- Pour in chicken broth and pasta sauce. Add broken lasagna pieces into same skillet.
- Cover skillet with lid and allow pasta to cook.
- Stir lasagna mixture together. Spoon cheese mixture on top of skillet dish.
- Place skillet into oven for a quick broil to allow cheese to get melty and lightly browned.
What To Serve Alongside This Recipe
- side salad
- chicken gnocchi soup
- garlic bread/garlic knots
- antipasto plate
- …and more!
This skillet lasagna is hands down my newest love already. It’s surely to be a crowd favorite, trust me.
I’ve made it so many times and each time it is completely devoured within minutes. No headaches involved like with making traditional lasagna and boiling lasagna sheets, assembling, etc. This skillet lasagna is simple, straightforward, and ridiculously easy to make. Hope you all enjoy this one just the same!
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
UNTIL NEXT TIME…LOVE AND BUTTER,
This super easy + quick skillet lasagna recipe comes together beautifully in ONE PAN! Making lasagna has never been easier to make with this weeknight-friendly dish…ready to go in under 45 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium-sized white onion, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (24-ounce) jar of pasta sauce
- 10 dried lasagna strips, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley (flat leaf)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large, oven safe, skillet: heat oil over medium-low heat. Once oil is hot, add in sausage and use a wooden utensil to break up meat into pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cook until all meat is browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in chopped onion and continue cooking along with meat until onion becomes translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, pasta sauce, and uncooked lasagna pieces into same skillet.Gently stir mixture together.
- Cover skillet with a lid and bring to a simmer and allow pasta to cook, about 15-20 minutes. Be sure to stir every 5 minutes.
- To make cheese mixture: in a medium bowl; combine ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, chopped parsley, and Italian seasoning. Stir together to fully combine. Spoon cheese mixture directly on top of lasagna mixture.
- Top with more shredded mozzarella cheese, if desired.Remove from heat and cover to allow cheese to melt, about 5 minutes. Or for best results, place skillet in the oven to broil for at least 7-10 minutes until cheese is melty, bubbly, and lightly browned.
1. Feel free to use ground beef or ground turkey as sausage substitute.
2. You can use cottage cheese for a healthier cheese substitute.
- Category: Main Courses, Italian
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: lasagna, easy, weeknight, skillet