These baked jerk chicken wings are simply amazing; a touch of Caribbean-flavored heat with a delicious sweet and sticky guava sauce with heaps of flavor! So easy to make!
- 12 chicken wings, flats and/or drums
- 1 tablespoon dry Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1/2 cup guava jam or jelly
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste or minced garlic
- salt/pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine chicken wings and jerk seasoning. Toss wings together to fully coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator. Let wings marinate for at least two hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. On a medium-sized baking sheet fitted with a wire rack, lightly spray rack with avocado/olive oil. Arrange chicken wings on rack and bake wings until golden brown and crispy, about 1 hour, or until wings are cooked through completely.
- For guava sauce: in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine guava jam/jelly, soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic. Stir together to fully incorporate and let mixture cook for until hot and slightly bubbly, about 3-5 minutes. Taste sauce and adjust seasoning with salt/pepper, to taste.
- Pour/brush guava sauce over chicken wings immediately and enjoy!
- If using other chicken parts or more chicken wings, be sure to double jerk seasoning and guava sauce to accomodate.
Keywords: appetizers, chicken, wings, guava, jerk