These deliciously moist nutella banana bread muffins are a real treat for any time of the day. A simple and cozy banana bread vibe kissed with a sweet chocolatey hazelnut swirl!
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3–4 mashed bananas, very ripe
- 2 heaping tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Set oven to 350°F. Using a 12-cavity cupcake pan, line with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in oil, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Gently fold in flour mixture and walnuts.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into prepared liners.
- Add 1 tsp of nutella directly on top of each muffin. Using a toothpick, gently swirl nutella around top of muffin.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes.