These deliciously moist nutella banana bread muffins are a real treat for any time of the day. A simple and cozy banana bread vibe kissed with a sweet chocolatey hazelnut swirl!
I’m not a huge breakfast lover, I gotta admit it to ya.
Most mornings, while rushing out the door, I often forget to grab or prepare a nutritional breakfast. I’ve always been like that. You can most likely catch me in the drive-thru line of Dunkin’ Donuts, if I don’t make something myself, where I pick up my usual coffee/tea and doughnut/pastry. Ugh, I know. I’m just not as hungry first thing in the morning like I am come lunch time but I’m figuring myself out and trying new things.
One thing that I know for sure, though, is my love for a good muffin. I once made these these blueberry muffins and they continue to be one of my most favorited recipes ever. And you already know that I’m hoping these nutella banana bread muffins will be another winner. Banana bread, to me, is one of those recipes that never goes out of style or season. I love picking up bananas from the store and just letting them sit until they’re almost as dark as my skin. If you didn’t already know, your bananas should be completely ripe and the skin should be very dark so that they yield the most tastiest, flavorful, and moist banana bread ever!
Goodness, I wish I could tell you the exact number of times that I’ve made these nutella banana bread muffins. I developed the recipe for these delicious things a while ago and sort of kept it to myself until now. They’re my favorite to make for get togethers, to gift to a neighbor or loved one, and just about any other occasion. A friend recently asked me to make a batch for her bridal shower and she said everyone loved them so much. Music to my ears!
No matter the reason, these nutella banana bread muffins are begging to be on your table. The smell of banana bread baking in the morning is sure to wake up the house. And friends, let’s take a moment to talk about that luscious topping of nutella swirl! Um, it’s pretty much the most amazing thing because nutella, duh! I’d like to think of you pairing these muffins with a nice hot cup of coffee/tea, relaxing in your favorite place, and savoring each and every bite. Enjoy!
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 3-4 mashed bananas, very ripe
- 2 heaping tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts
- Set oven to 350°F. Using a 12-cavity cupcake pan, line with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in oil, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Gently fold in flour mixture and walnuts.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into prepared liners.
- Add 1 tsp of nutella directly on top of each muffin. Using a toothpick, gently swirl nutella around top of muffin.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes.