Pizza nights have never looked better than with this homemade sausage and fennel pizza; juicy sausage, sautéed fennel, and with alfredo sauce. So easy to make this restaurant-worthy pizza!
- 16 ounces store-bought fresh pizza dough
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces ground Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small fennel bulb, cut and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup store-bought alfredo sauce
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Use 1/2 tablespoon of olive to grease a large pizza sheet pan or baking steel, set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough. Place dough onto prepared pan and carefully stretch dough out onto pan.
- Brush remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top of pizza dough, then set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add in sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Then add in garlic and chopped fennel, stir and sauté mixture together until fennel turns translucent, about 3 minutes. Season mixture with salt/pepper, then remove from heat.
- To assemble pizza: Use a spoon to evenly spread alfredo sauce all over top of prepared pizza dough. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly onto pizza. Then spoon sausage/fennel mixture on top. Lastly, sprinkle dried oregano all over pizza.
- Bake pizza in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and pizza is golden brown.
- Allow pizza to cool for 5 minutes and then use a pizza cutter to slice and serve. Enjoy!
Keywords: pizza, sausage, fennel, alfredo