Such a cozy meal is this steak tips with roasted potatoes and asparagus dish. Perfectly tender and ultra juicy steak bites sautéed with mushrooms; easy to make and great for meal prepping!
- 1–2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided- plus more as needed
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups halved baby potatoes
- 1/2 lb asparagus, ends trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl or container, combine the steak tips, worcestershire, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, salt/pepper, dried oregano, onion powder, and smoked paprika together. Use your hands (fitted with disposable gloves, if desired) to massage everything into the steak. Cover the vessel with a lid and transfer to the fridge to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- While marinating: Line a medium-sized baking sheet with foil. Place the potatoes and asparagus onto the baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil, and season with salt/pepper- to taste. Use your hands or tongs to toss everything together to fully coat the asparagus and potatoes. Place the baking sheet into the oven to roast for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter is sizzling, add in the mushrooms and sauté together until lightly golden, about 5-6 minutes. Be sure to stir the mushrooms together every so often to cook on both sides, and then use a slotted spatula to set the mushrooms aside on a small plate- do not shut off the heat.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter into the skillet. Once the butter is sizzling, carefully add in the steak tips, stir every so often to cook on all sides, and let cook until the steak is browned on the outside but still tender on the inside, about 3-4 minutes. If needed, add more butter into the skillet to baste the steak (this helps to keep the steak nice and juicy!).
- Add the mushrooms into the same skillet, stir together to combine, and remove from heat.
- Serve the steak tips with mushrooms alongside the roasted potatoes and asparagus. Enjoy!
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
Keywords: steak, sirloin, potatoes, asparagus