Say hello to the best beef chili ever; this hearty + cozy chili is rich in flavor, insanely delicious, easy to make, and makes for a great meal anytime!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4oz) can mild green chiles
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 (15.5oz) cans red kidney beans
- 3 cups beef broth
- Using a large stock pot or dutch oven; add oil, onions, peppers, and sauté for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in ground beef and cook until browned; be sure to break up meat as you stir.
- Stir in tomato paste, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt/pepper (to taste).
- Add in green chiles, diced tomatoes, beans, and broth. Stir to combine all ingredients. Let chili come up to a gentle boil for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and let simmer on stove for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve warm and with desired toppings.
- For a less liquid chili, use 2 cups of beef broth instead of 3.
- Chili can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or stored in the freezer for longer.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: the best beef chili