Say hello to the best beef chili ever; this hearty + cozy chili is rich in flavor, insanely delicious, easy to make, and makes for a great meal anytime. Pair it with your favorite toppings and also enjoy the leftovers as this chili gets even better the next day!
Is it just me or does chili give off a certain vibe to you too?
For instance, I feel as though chili is like a whole entire mood. Maybe like stay in the house all day and binge watch your favorite series kinda mood. Or maybe cozy up to your favorite peeps (or animals!) and do absolutely nothing kind of mood.
In other words, chili is one of those recipes that tends to make me feel all homey and warm.
In addition, I know chili can be something serious to some folks with your chili cookoff’s and what have you. I’d like to think that my recipe can win it’s own blue ribbon too, ha! This beef chili is pretty damn good hence the reason I’m dubbing it as the best beef chili. It’s quick and easy, so flavorful from loads of spices, and even better the next day once all the flavor has deepened.
So, for those of us that have jobs, families, and busy schedules with limited time…leftovers are life! Especially tasty leftovers. Tell me that I’m wrong on that… > insert Cardi B’s “okurrr” here < LOL
Beef Chili Toppings:
- Shredded cheese: Mexican/fiesta blend, sharp cheddar cheese, etc
- Sour cream/Yogurt
- Sliced/chopped avocados
- Tortilla strips/chips
- Corn chips
- Fresh cilantro
- …And much more
Did I mention to you that this beef chili is also made in only one pot? Yup, one pot meals are my jam and I’ll go out on a limb in assuming that that means something to you as well.
This chili recipe is no mess, no fuss, fast, deliciously filling, and plenty of leftovers will be on deck…WINNING!
What Can I Eat My Chili With?Print
Say hello to the best beef chili ever; this hearty + cozy chili is rich in flavor, insanely delicious, easy to make, and makes for a great meal anytime!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4oz) can mild green chiles
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 (15.5oz) cans red kidney beans
- 3 cups beef broth
- Using a large stock pot or dutch oven; add oil, onions, peppers, and sauté for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in ground beef and cook until browned; be sure to break up meat as you stir.
- Stir in tomato paste, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt/pepper (to taste).
- Add in green chiles, diced tomatoes, beans, and broth. Stir to combine all ingredients. Let chili come up to a gentle boil for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and let simmer on stove for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve warm and with desired toppings.
- For a less liquid chili, use 2 cups of beef broth instead of 3.
- Chili can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or stored in the freezer for longer.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: the best beef chili