This Honey Mustard Chicken is such an easy weeknight-friendly staple that ticks off all the boxes. What sets this recipe apart from the average is a flavor-filled honey mustard sauce that’s packed with a variety of spices. It’s finger-licking good with saucy, glossy goodness! Serve this alongside your fave sides for a complete meal!
- 8 bone-in/skin-on chicken thighs, excess skin trimmed
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pure honey
- 1/3 cup whole grain (stone ground) mustard
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire
- rice & side salad or steamed broccoli, if desired- for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Then place the oven rack into the center position.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and place them into a large resealable plastic bag. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste, along with the garlic powder. Add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and use your hands to massage the spices into the chicken to fully coat. Set chicken aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, let’s prep the honey mustard sauce. In a medium bowl, combine the honey, whole grain & dijon mustards, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and the worcestershire. Stir the mixture well to thoroughly combine and then set the bowl aside.
- Heat a large (10-12 inch), oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and add in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil along with the butter.
- Once the oil/butter is sizzling, add the chicken into the pan, working in batches. Let the chicken brown for 2-3 minutes on each side or until a deep, golden-brown color is achieved on both sides. Note: At this stage we’re just browning the chicken, it will cook all the way through in the oven. Then place the browned chicken aside onto a clean plate and repeat the process until all chicken has been browned.
- With all chicken set aside, add the shallot into the pan. Sauté the shallot, until tender, about 1-2 minutes. Then pour the honey mustard sauce into the pan, stirring continuously. Allow the sauce to come up to a slight boil and then turn off the heat.
- Add all the browned chicken back into the skillet and spoon the sauce over the chicken pieces. Transfer the skillet into the oven.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes on one side. Then flip the chicken over, basting the chicken, and bake on the other side for another 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
- Allow the chicken to cool down for 10 minutes. Then serve immediately alongside your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
Keywords: honey mustard chicken, honey mustard, one pan chicken, chicken dinner, easy chicken recipe