Make this easy + best honey mustard chicken recipe for your next meal and you will not be disappointed; it’s insanely good, packed with so much flavor, and baked to perfection!
I hope you’re doing well, living your best life, and taking no bs from anyone. I’m doing great minus a few annoying things here and there but ’tis life, right? Haha. Also, it’s the end of the year and I’ve been going into a lot of self-reflection concerning many things… as one typically does at the end of the year huh. Or maybe that’s just my over analytical, anxiety-ridden self idk. Either way, I’ve been thinking on what all I want to come from this little blog of mine and the ideas alone are both exciting and nerve-wrecking.
As every year comes around, it’s important for me to challenge myself and take on new things (or at least try them). If you’ve been following along for some time it’s no surprise to you that I’m an introvert and hate putting myself out there. My comfort zone is behind my camera, off in the cut by myself or with people I feel comfortable around, and just doing me. Buuuuuuutt in order for me to grow and experience new things, I have to learn to drop some of my ways and live without reservations + so much worry. Sooo yeah, that’s some of my baggage that I’m working on leaving in 2018.
Ugh, enough about me though. What about you? Do you have any things that you wanna leave behind or work on for the new year?
One thing I can say for sure is that my love of developing recipes, photography, and everything in between is going no where. Nothing brings me as much happiness as sharing recipes with you. And now we transition into talking about this new recipe…that was pretty smooth huh, give me my props, ha!
Friends, I know I usually tell you that all of my recipes are bomb but this one right here…oh my goodness 🤤
I’m certain that you will not only clean your plate but that you will wanna lick said plate too! The best part is that this honey mustard chicken is super easy and will be on your table in an hour. It’s as easy as putting your chicken thighs into a skillet and pouring the delicious honey mustard sauce over them and letting the oven do the rest. BOOM. So much flavor is in this finger-licking recipe that you’ll be wanting seconds (and maybe thirds?). This honey mustard chicken is one of my easy dinner staples and I sincerely hope you enjoy it as much as me!
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs with skin, excess skin removed
- ½ cup liquid honey
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Optional sides: rice and broccoli for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Clean chicken thighs and pat dry- set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, oil, both mustards, curry powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Using a large 10-12 inch skillet, place chicken thighs into skillet and season both sides with salt and pepper, leaving chicken skin side up.
- Pour honey mustard sauce all over chicken thighs.
- Place skillet into oven and bake for 50 minutes to an hour or until chicken is cooked completely.
- Serve with rice and broccoli, if desired.