This watermelon margarita recipe is perfect for any occasion. Fresh watermelon juice meets tequila, lime juice, and a touch of agave for sweetness…and a rim finished with chili lime seasoning!
- 2 lb watermelon, cut into chunks (yields about 3 cups of juice)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, about 4 small limes
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) silver tequila
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- chili lime seasoning, such as tajín
- Place watermelon chunks into a blender or food processor. Blend until all watermelon has reduced to juice. You should have about 3 cups of watermelon juice. Strain for seeds, if needed.
- To make watermelon margaritas: in a cocktail shaker or large mason jar with a lid; add in 2 cups of fresh watermelon juice, lime juice, tequila, and agave. Shake to fully combine. Taste and adjust watermelon margaritas to preference for sweetness and/or alcohol level.
- Take desired glasses and run a lime wedge around the rim. Dip glass into chili lime seasoning to coat rim. Fill glasses with ice and pour desired amount of margarita into each glass. Enjoy!
1. This recipe will leave you with about one cup of extra watermelon juice to use for more margaritas or other preference.
2. For mocktails: in a cocktail shaker or large mason jar with a lid; add in 2 cups of fresh watermelon juice, lime juice, and agave. Shake to fully combine. Take desired glasses and run a lime wedge around the rim. Dip glass into chili lime seasoning to coat rim. Fill glasses with ice and pour 3-4 tablespoons (or more depending on preference) of watermelon mixture into glass. Lastly, top off beverage with sparking water (about 12 ounces).
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Cocktail
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: beverage, drink, cocktail, watermelon, margarita