A super easy watermelon margarita recipe that is perfect for any occasion. Fresh watermelon juice meets tequila, lime juice, and a touch of agave for sweetness…and a rim finished with chili lime seasoning!
My goodness, it has been a hot minute since I developed a beverage recipe. And I gotta say how much I missed it. Not to mention, Summer is approaching and I’m feeling all in the summery spirits already. How about you? Although, it seems as though Florida is a perpetually hot state consistently so there’s that, ha!
Listen, I went and bought a small grill for my patio and I plan to live my best life, ya’ll. I’m talking about grilling all the hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken…you name it! I mean, the first couple of months of 2020 proved to be highly lackluster to put it mildly; so I have to find some small joys wherever I can, okay.
Let’s start with this watermelon margarita!
All I can think of while writing this is Beyoncé’s song “Drunk In Love” and how she says she’s been drankin’ watermelon, ha! Literally, I was singing this song the entire time I was shooting these photos. Okay, seriously speaking you guys, this watermelon margarita is so dang good. So much so that you could easily knock back 2 or 3 of these in one sitting. And yes, in full transparency, I’m speaking from experience. No shame here.
These watermelon margaritas are so easy, so refreshing, and downright delicious!
Watermelon Margarita Ingredients
- silver tequila
- fresh lime juice
- chili lime seasoning
How To Pick Your Watermelon 🍉
First, most grocery stores sell super convenient pre-cut fruit in the produce section. You’ll want about a good 2 pounds of watermelon, too. If you can’t get any pre-cut chunks of watermelon, you could score a whole watermelon and just cut it up. And if you can, make sure it’s seedless for convenience-sake. A solid 2 pounds of watermelon should yield about 3-ish cups of fresh watermelon juice. You will end up having extra watermelon juice that you could use for more margaritas or whatever else you’d like to do with it.
How To Make A Watermelon Margarita
- First, take your watermelon chunks and place them into a blender or food processor.
- Give them a quick blitz until they’re all reduced to juice.
- Juice the limes using a citrus juicer or handheld citrus press.
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar with lid; add in fresh watermelon juice, tequila, lime juice, and agave.
- Use those muscles to shake, shake, shake and BOOM.
- Take a lime wedge and run it along the rim of your glass and then dip it into some chili lime seasoning.
- Fill your glass with ice and then go ahead and pour it up!
Sweetener Alternatives For Watermelon Margaritas
Agave is a natural sweetener that resembles regular syrup. I love it for it’s low-glycemic intake and taste. However, you could opt for regular sugar as your sweetener. But make sure you’re using a superfine sugar aka caster sugar because you don’t want your margarita to be grainy. Additionally, you could also use stevia drops, etc. It’s all in personal preference here. You can skip the sweetener altogether too!
Wanna Make This Into A Mocktail?
Not into alcohol or do you have little ones? No problem at all! This watermelon margarita is easily adaptable to accommodate a variety of situations according to personal preference! Simply replace the silver tequila with your favorite carbonated (sparking) water. My personal fave is from Topo Chico– I just love their classic bubbly beverage! Other brands include La Croix and Perrier, to name a few.
I’m hoping you all enjoy this watermelon margarita recipe in the summertime or anytime! ☺️
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Pineapple Margaritas
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- Salmon Cakes With Quick Aioli
- Easy Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
- One-Pot Creamy Beef Pasta
- Easy Sausage and Peppers
- Pan Seared Salmon with Orzo and Asparagus
- Easy Skillet Lasagna
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
UNTIL NEXT TIME…LOVE AND BUTTER,
This watermelon margarita recipe is perfect for any occasion. Fresh watermelon juice meets tequila, lime juice, and a touch of agave for sweetness…and a rim finished with chili lime seasoning!
- 2 lb watermelon, cut into chunks (yields about 3 cups of juice)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, about 4 small limes
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) silver tequila
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- chili lime seasoning, such as tajín
- Place watermelon chunks into a blender or food processor. Blend until all watermelon has reduced to juice. You should have about 3 cups of watermelon juice. Strain for seeds, if needed.
- To make watermelon margaritas: in a cocktail shaker or large mason jar with a lid; add in 2 cups of fresh watermelon juice, lime juice, tequila, and agave. Shake to fully combine. Taste and adjust watermelon margaritas to preference for sweetness and/or alcohol level.
- Take desired glasses and run a lime wedge around the rim. Dip glass into chili lime seasoning to coat rim. Fill glasses with ice and pour desired amount of margarita into each glass. Enjoy!
1. This recipe will leave you with about one cup of extra watermelon juice to use for more margaritas or other preference.
2. For mocktails: in a cocktail shaker or large mason jar with a lid; add in 2 cups of fresh watermelon juice, lime juice, and agave. Shake to fully combine. Take desired glasses and run a lime wedge around the rim. Dip glass into chili lime seasoning to coat rim. Fill glasses with ice and pour 3-4 tablespoons (or more depending on preference) of watermelon mixture into glass. Lastly, top off beverage with sparking water (about 12 ounces).
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Cocktail
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: beverage, drink, cocktail, watermelon, margarita