This homemade maple cream cold brew recipe is the perfect beverage to usher in the fall season. It’s incredibly smooth, extra creamy, and giving you those signature coffee shop vibes right in your own kitchen!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by ALDI who I’m so excited to partner with; and all thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own. I am so grateful for brand partnerships like this!
If there is one thing I love no matter what time of the year it is…it’s coffee, y’all. Whether it be iced coffee, hot coffee, espresso, lattes, cold brew, cappuccino; you name it, I love it! For me, it’s the aroma of the roasted beans, that jolt of caffeine, and the variety of flavors. Listen, coffee houses are one of my favorite places to be. However, let’s be honest, with the way 2020 has hit us…I’ve had to pivot my routine and learn to be creative with my at-home coffee making skills, ha! Consequently, since I’ve been making more and more drinks at home, I’ve also saved some coins with great finds at ALDI. Let’s talk cold brew coffee!
What Is Cold Brew Coffee?
Cold brew is made by steeping coarsely ground coffee beans in cold water for 12-24 hours. It is then transformed into a concentrate that develops overtime at room temperature and lastly diluted with water or milk of choice. Cold brew is less bitter than hot brewed coffee and less acidic. In addition, cold brew has a smoother taste on the palate because of the brewing temperature difference. All in all, the amount of time and the temperature needed to make cold brew is what makes it vastly different from hot brewed coffee.
The cold brew process affects the flavors, the caffeine level, and the sugar content from the overall coffee bean extraction. Roasting coffee beans in hot water yields a more bitter and more acidic cup of coffee.
Main Benefits Of Cold Brew
- Extra caffeine due to the longer steeping process.
- Less acidic which means it’s better for sensitive stomachs.
- Incredibly smooth-tasting and not bitter like hot brewed coffee.
- Super easy brewing method…no need for fancy coffee machines!
- Tons of antioxidants since it is brewed at a cooler temperature which preserves phytochemicals.
I am a big fan of ALDI and their high-quality and affordable seasonal products! Now I know there are some mega fall fans out there, ALDI has you covered with pumpkin, maple, and vanilla flavors to name a few. As I mentioned before, with all of us spending more time at home, we’re getting creative with our caffeine. Have you made the famous whipped coffee while in quarantine? I’ve made it too many times to count, ha!
The Best Maple Cream Cold Brew
So, we’ve already discussed the many benefits of cold brew coffee, it’s truly great. I’m using the Barissimo Maple Ground arabica coffee at ALDI. But wait, there’s more! There’s not just maple flavor within the cold brew but also in the maple cream topping y’all. The flavor throughout this maple cream cold brew beverage is dang tasty. Best part is that this drink is so easy to make without spending those coffee house dollars.
Recipes To Pair With This Drink
- The Best Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls
- Lemon Sweet Rolls
- Homemade Buttermilk Waffles
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Brown Sugar Banana Bread
- Challah Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
How To Make This Maple Cream Cold Brew
- Steep coffee grounds: You can use a French press or a large mason jar with lid. I prefer using a French press because it has the built-in strainer. However, if you do not have one, just be sure to strain the coffee grounds through some sort of thin filter/sieve >> think cheese cloth or nut milk bag.
- Dilute cold brew: Remember that cold brew coffee is quite strong since it’s a concentrated mixture. You will need to dilute it with either plain water or your choice of milk. For example; whole milk, oat milk, almond milk, and so much more! For this recipe, I used a maple infused cream.
- Maple cream topping: This creamy goodness is so simple and delicious. It is comprised of heavy whipping cream, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. So much flavor! ALDI is selling many other fall products to amp up your morning coffee like seasonal whipped creams and almond milk flavors!
This drink is so easy to make right at home and to pair with your favorite home-baked treats. My usual pairing (and honest recommendation) is linking this maple cream cold brew along with my cinnamon rolls. I mean, it is just a match made in heaven. All those cozy fall flavors give me all the good vibes and makes my stomach happy, ha! And even though we’re living in uncertain times, finding happiness is key.
How Long Does Cold Brew Coffee Last?
When brewed fresh, a batch of cold brew coffee can last for up to two weeks. I always keep mine stored in a pitcher fitted with an airtight lid or large mason jar in the refrigerator. Having a fresh batch of cold brew to look forward to in the mornings (or any time of day!) is clutch and so refreshing.
I sincerely hope you all enjoy this maple cream cold brew recipe and that you find some inspiration here to be your own barista boss right at home. Can’t wait to see all the recreations!
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
UNTIL NEXT TIME…LOVE AND BUTTER,
This maple cream cold brew recipe is the perfect beverage to usher in the fall season. It’s incredibly smooth, slightly sweet, and giving you those signature coffee shop vibes right in your own kitchen!
- 1 cup Barissimo Maple Ground Coffee
- 2 cups cold filtered water
- 1/2 cup Countryside Creamery Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Stonemill Ground Cinnamon, for sprinkling
- In a large airtight container or French press, combine coffee with water. Steep for 12-24 hours.
- Strain the coffee grounds through a cheesecloth or use a French press to filter.
- Store cold brew coffee in a large container with airtight lid.
- To make maple cream: Combine heavy whipping cream, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt together in a small glass. Use a frothing wand to whisk together until desired consistency is reached. Alternatively, you can also vigorously shake ingredients together in a small jar with a lid.
- To serve maple cream cold brew: Add 1 cup of cold brew into a glass filled with ice. Use a spoon to dollop maple cream on top of cold brew. Then use a straw to stir cream fully into cold brew. Garnish beverage with a sprinkling of ground cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy!
- Cold brew will keep for up to two weeks when stored in the refrigerator.
- As pictured, you can also use vanilla bean paste in replacement of vanilla extract.
- Category: Beverage, Drinks
- Cuisine: American