One-Pot Casarecce Pasta (With Video!)
Whip up dinner in under 30 minutes with this super easy one-pot casarecce pasta; bursting with spicy Italian sausage, fire roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, and all the parmigiano-reggiano cheese that you can handle!
Ahhh…yet another recipe that’s a delightful blast from the past!
Your girl originally published this casarecce pasta recipe back in December 2016 and decided that it needed a nice little refresh just like I did with *this here* recipe. To be honest, it was quite a joy to go back and remake this old recipe. I got that giddy nerdy excited feeling all over again.
Not to mention, this one here is thee most popular pasta recipe on this website to date. That is, aside from my sausage and spinach stuffed shells, my chicken fettuccini with lemon cream sauce, and my veggie rigatoni recipes. All of them are so freakin’ delicious, y’all.
So, needless to say, I’m happy to update this post for you. Let’s be honest for a minute, most of us humans have jobs, busy calendar-filled lives, families with little ones, school, and other things going on that limit the amount of time that we have to prepare a really good meal. Trust me, I feel you.
Even though I am a recipe developer, one would think I have great food around me 24/7. But the reality is some days I walk in the door from work and a good ole peanut butter and jelly sammich is all I have the strength to make, ha! Shhhh, that’s just between us, mmkay.
In comes this one-pot casarecce pasta though. Y’all, it’s most surely an all around winner for those days when you want something quick but hearty and tasty. I’m certain when I say that this is one everyone will love.
There are simple ingredients like dried casarecce pasta noodles, ground Italian sausage, fire roasted tomatoes, and fresh basil. Everything makes this one outstanding dish. Oh, shall we not forget the sprinkling of cheese, too!
How To Make This Casarecce Pasta Recipe (Video)
- In a large dutch oven or pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Then add chopped onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Next, add in ground Italian sausage. With a wooden spoon, break up sausage into crumbles and continue to stir until all sausage is completely browned and cooked through.
Tell Me A Little More…
You’ll then pour the broth into pot, stir, and then add in uncooked casarecce pasta. There is no need to separately cook pasta as the pasta cooks in the same pot with everything else. Let cook for about 15 minutes or until pasta noodles are cooked through. Most of the broth will be absorbed by the pasta but a bit will be left creating a delicious savory sauce combined with all the other ingredients!
Lastly add in fire roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, and cheese then give everything another stir. Serve in bowls, top with cheese, and enjoy!
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
Until next time…love and butter,
Whip up dinner in under 30 minutes with this super easy one-pot casarecce pasta; bursting with spicy Italian sausage, fire roasted tomatoes, plenty of fresh basil, and all the parmigiano-reggiano cheese that you can handle!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage, spicy or mild
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb Casarecce pasta
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmigiano-regggiano cheese, plus more for topping
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large dutch oven or large pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Then add in onions and cook until onions become translucent in color. Add in garlic and continue stirring everything together until garlic is fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground sausage to pot and using a wooden spoon, break up sausage into crumbles, and cook until all sausage has browned. Next, add in broth and stir. Then add in uncooked pasta and stir pot again.
- Cover pot with lid and let pasta cook through completely, about 15 minutes or until all pasta is cooked through. Once pasta is cooked, you can taste and add salt/pepper, if needed to preference.
- Lastly, add in tomatoes and fresh basil and stir everything to combine. Toss in grated cheese and serve in bowls, and top with more cheese if desired. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Feel free to use ground beef or ground turkey as an alternative choice of protein.
Keywords: dinner, pasta