Whip up dinner in no time with this super easy one-pot casarecce pasta; bursting with spicy Italian sausage, tomatoes, and basil.
I’ve been neglecting the savory side of my blog for a while now.
As much as I love using my stand mixer and baking, I enjoy making new lunch/dinner recipes. When it comes to making dinner, I’m all about ease and simplicity in the kitchen. If there’s one thing I hate about cooking, it’s a recipe that requires a million and one ingredients. I like a simple meal that’s a little jazzed up.
This one-pot casarecce pasta is just that, friends. You’ve got a super delicious meal made in only ONE pot! Having a one-pot meal is essential for those days when you get home from work and want to make a quick dinner that doesn’t come out of a box. It’s safe to say that this meal is no hamburger helper. I particularly love this dish because it’s so simple yet slightly elevated with fresh and bold ingredients.
I use spicy Italian sausage as the meat base here. To me, like a classic Italian recipe, it just works so well with the fire roasted tomatoes and fresh basil. I’ve also added some garlic because what’s a pasta dish without some garlic? All of the flavors tie in really well and make such an amazing dinner.
There’s tons of flavor here; I start out by sautéing some onions then adding the Italian sausage with minced garlic. After that, you’ll add the pasta, tomatoes, and basil. You’ll also feel a little fancy with this casarecce pasta because it isn’t a commonly used type of pasta. I call this dish my no frills, no fuss one-pot pasta because it’s so easy yet with an elegant flair. Add some garlic bread and a salad and you got a restaurant-style meal made in your own kitchen!
I hope you guys enjoy making this one-pot casarecce pasta because it’s:
- Super easy
- Fresh and flavorful
- Insanely delicious
Whip up dinner in no time with this super easy one-pot casarecce pasta; bursting with spicy italian sausage, tomatoes, and basil.
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (1lb) box casarecce pasta
- 1 (14.5oz) canned, fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage
- 1 cup roughly chopped basil
- 2/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Cook onion, stirring, until onions soften and become translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook; stir and break up lumps with a wooden spoon until browned.
- Add in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add pasta and cook, stirring frequently. Cook until pasta is al dente and most of the broth is absorbed- about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Quickly plate pasta and sprinkle cheese on top and enjoy!
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Italian