Ahhh summer is almost ending guys!
Am I the only one that feels like its whizzed by like a bat out of hell tho? I’m both excited and sad by this. Excited because my heart loves all things fall and sad because I’m gonna miss all of that gorgeous summer produce at the farmer’s markets. One thing I’ll be ok without is the heat that is summer in Florida! But tbh it’s not like we see much of a difference here in the sunshine state during the fall anyways, eh.
As I was about to post this, I realized that this is the first margarita recipe on my blog! I remember when I did the IG story question-thingy and someone asked me for a good margarita recipe and I hadn’t had one on this space.
I’m so happy to bring ya’ll these pineapple margaritas from Julia Turshen’s newest cookbook, Now & Again. They’re too easy to make and will compliment your next dinner party or get together with loved ones, very well.
In Julia’s words, these margaritas are the perfect balance of tart lime juice and sweet pineapple juice, plus the punch of a generous tequila pour- to which I couldn’t agree with more. I also love how the sparking water adds a bit of an effervescent touch to them as well. For those that don’t know, I also made a recipe from Julia’s other cookbook, Small Victories, it’s this simple chocolate cake. And I’ll gladly admit that I’m obsessed with it! I’m a big fan of Julia’s work and I appreciate how simple and straightforward her recipes are- like these pineapple margaritas.
There aren’t too many cookbooks that I genuinely feel like I can’t put down, but this one was. Julia’s approach to writing recipes is so beautifully executed with no-fuss involved. Creating recipes and recipe writing is not that easy, trust me. Julia writes recipes with so much thought and conversation behind it that it feels like she’s right in the kitchen with you when you’re making one of her recipes!
In her latest cookbook, Julia not only provides so many great recipes but also includes ways to re-use/reinvent any leftovers (hence the title, Now & Again). The ingenuity behind this book is simply inspiring, in and out of the kitchen. She also shares some really useful resources that help when trying to navigate in the kitchen. Seriously, get your hands on this cookbook!
These pineapple margaritas are the perfect balance of tart lime juice, sweet pineapple juice, and a good pour of tequila- great for get togethers!
- 1/2 cup [120 ml] fresh lime juice
- 11/2 cups [360 ml] pineapple juice
- 1 cup [240 ml] silver tequila
- 1 cup [240 ml] sparkling water
- Kosher salt (or tajin seasoning)
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Crushed ice for serving
- 4 small wedges fresh pineapple (optional)
- Put the lime juice, pineapple juice, tequila, and sparkling water into a tall pitcher and stir well to combine.
- Make a thin layer of salt on a small plate. Rub a lime slice around the rims of four glasses. One at a time, tip the glasses upside-down onto the salt/tajin to coat the rims.
- Fill each glass with ice and evenly divide the pineapple mixture among them. Garnish each drink with a few lime slices and pineapple wedge (if using).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Category: Drinks