This strawberry lemonade is so incredibly delicious and refreshing for these hot summer months. It’s perfectly easy to make and so dang good to the last sip!
Spring is upon us!
That’s right. In just a few short weeks we can say goodbye to our winter coats, scarves, and hot cocoa.
I live in Central Florida where basically all year round its sunny as hell. Us Floridians experience our own kind of “winter.” You know, where its like around 50 degrees outside. Freeeeeeezing cold! Ha ha. I know, I know- you northern people are rolling your eyes!
Let’s talk about my love for strawberry lemonade. It’s bright, colorful, and extremely refreshing. I almost always order strawberry lemonade when I’m out at a restaurant. With Spring approaching, making this classic beverage only seemed right. There are a variety of ways that you can make strawberry lemonade.
Because my motto is few ingredients as possible, I wanted the bare basics to make a delicious and classic strawberry lemonade. In this particular recipe I use water, fresh lemon juice, strawberries, and sugar. That’s it. Nothing artificial and no preservatives, as strawberry lemonade should be!
Some people prefer their strawberry lemonade without strawberry seeds or chunks of strawberries. I particularly love the look and taste of having real strawberries in the lemonade. I think it makes for a true and authentic beverage, but sometimes it does get annoying to have your straw get clogged up by strawberries! You can choose to blend to a rough consistency to keep chunks of strawberries visible or blend for longer for a smoother consistency.
This recipe is as easy as they come and perfect to make during these hot coming months. Enjoy!
This strawberry lemonade is:
- Incredibly easy
- A classic
This delicious and refreshing strawberry lemonade is gonna hit all the right tastebuds.
- 2 cups water (for simple syrup)
- 2 cups sugar (for simple syrup)- I used organic cane sugar
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- Water (for pitcher)
- Juice enough fresh lemons (I used about 1.5 bags of lemons- but this may depend on the size of your lemons).
- Wash and then halve strawberries.
- Combine water and sugar to saucepan over medium-low heat to make a basic simple syrup.
- Bring mixture to a slight boil and stir until all sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender, add strawberries, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup. Blend until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour lemonade into pitcher with water. The amount of water you use will depend on how sweet you like your lemonade. Add less water for a sweeter taste, and add more for a more diluted lemonade.
- Fill each glass with ice and serve.
- Optional: garnish glasses with lemon slices and strawberries if desired.