Easy Blueberry Almond Cake (Best Ever!)
This easy blueberry almond cake is wonderfully moist, loaded with almond flavor throughout, and simply delicious; topped with the most beautiful and luscious all-natural blueberry cream cheese frosting!
So, let’s be honest y’all…how many of you are itching to welcome in Fall season? And don’t you lie to me because I know you’ve got your canned pumpkin, chai spices, and maple pecan candles just lurking around, ha! Okay, maybe I’m just speaking for myself hehe. But like, seriously, where in the world has this year gone?! I cannot believe we’re about to enter the last quarter of the year. What a year 2020 has been to us all huh.
While I’m absolutely excited to celebrate all that is Fall, I’m holding onto the last bits of Summer. If you know me personally, you know that I full on enjoy perusing farmers markets, making all the summery-type cuisines, and ample cocktails to have on deck. Alternatively, I love me some summer baking. Listen, give me some seasonal fruit crisps and home-baked pies/treats. That’s what inspired this blueberry almond cake.
Thanks, Bob’s Red Mill, for sponsoring this post! 💜
Never has a cake been so easy to make, super delicious, and perfect for any occasion/celebration! I make a lot of cakes often that tend to be on the more elaborate side of things that not everyone wants to make. I’m just being honest, I get it. Sometimes you want to whip up a sweet creation but not have to break several sweats with intimidation to do so. I got you. This easy blueberry almond cake is soooo dreamy!
Facts About This Blueberry Almond Cake Recipe
- It’s baked in an 8×8 square cake pan: I love this so much because it yields evenly clean cake slices. Additionally, it’s a perfect size for when you want cake but don’t want to have such a large quantity.
- This recipe contains almond flour: Thanks to Bob’s Red Mill’s super-fine almond flour, this cake is super moist. Almond flour has a nice taste and ensures great moisture and amps up the almond flavor!
- I developed the most decadent and wonderful blueberry cream cheese frosting that seals the deal on this cake! Ugh, this frosting is so wildly delicious y’all. It’s all-natural and doesn’t use any food coloring- thanks to the magic of freeze dried blueberries! Those blueberries get blended into powder form and gives the frosting that gorgeous color. I typically buy my freeze dried blueberries from Trader Joe’s or Target but most other grocery stores should carry them as well. Honestly, that frosting alone is the best!
Other Desserts You May Enjoy
- Best Ever Skillet Peach Cobbler
- Lemon Sweet Rolls
- Almond Bundt Cake with Caramel Icing
- Challah Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Apricot Snacking Cake
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Double Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Can I Use A Round Cake Pan?
Sure thing! I prefer using a square cake pan because I love how easily it can be served up into nine cute ‘lil slices. It’s the perfect mini sheet cake! However, feel free to use a round 8-inch cake pan if you’d like.
How Long Will The Cake Keep?
If this cake is wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in a container, it will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator for best results. Any longer than that will cause the cake to lose its freshness and flavor.
I could go on and on about this blueberry almond cake but I’ll spare ya! In a nutshell, this cake is super simple, studded with blueberries, and packed with tons of blueberry/almond flavor throughout each bite. It’s an ode to ending summer on a high note via cake form. Enjoy, can’t wait to see you make this one!
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
UNTIL NEXT TIME…LOVE AND BUTTER,
This easy blueberry almond cake is moist, loaded with almond flavor throughout, and simply delicious; topped with the most beautiful and luscious all-natural blueberry cream cheese frosting!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk, almond milk as alternate
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, plus more as desired
Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 4 ounces (brick-style) cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup freeze dried blueberries, pulsed into a fine powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, salt, and set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl: combine eggs, sugar, milk, extract, and oil. Stir together to fully combine. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries into the mixture and pour cake batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake cake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- Transfer cake to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Using a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese together until silky smooth, about 2 minutes. Add in extract and powdered sugar, carefully continue beating until powdered sugar is well combined, about 2-3 minutes. Pour in blueberry powder and mix again until blueberry frosting comes together, another 1-2 minutes.
- Frost cooled cake, cut into slices, and serve. Enjoy!
- Use a blender/food processor to pulse freeze dried blueberries into powder form.
Keywords: blueberry, almond, cake