A delicious, easy, and fresh guacamole recipe that is truly the best! This guac is loaded with cilantro, red onion, roma tomatoes, jalapeños, garlic, and lime juice! So easy to make for any occasion or celebration!
I feel those summer vibes coming in hot. Catch me at the beach or by the pool living my best life all summer long okayyyy. Just give me all the margaritas, street tacos, and guacamole…I simply love Mexican food. And avocados? Well, they’re one of my absolute favorites. A good guacamole recipe at its foundation should possess simple and fresh ingredients. I mean, it is considered to be an uncomplicated dip after-all, ha!
That’s right…no frills and no fuss for this signature avocado-based dip. Guacamole makes such a nice staple to have at parties, get togethers, cinco de mayo celebrations, and more! Additionally, just go on and add this guacamole recipe to your summertime list, too. Now listen, I know the internet is laden with guacamole recipes already but I don’t care fight me! Hehe. Happy to share my go-to recipe for you to enjoy.
What You’ll Need For Perfect Guacamole
(Note: the full ingredients list, including measurements, is provided in the recipe card directly below.)
- avocados: make sure they’re nice and ripe as well.
- roma tomatoes: insides removed to prevent guacamole sogginess.
- limes: two small limes for that signature zing zang…and pre-bottled lime juice is a no-no!
- jalapeño: just one, for a ‘lil touch of heat- red pepper flakes for substitute.
- garlic cloves: just two…because garlic makes everything better!
- red onion: more heaps of flavor and gives a lovely texture.
- cilantro: a nice fresh bunch thrown in takes it to another level, yum.
- seasonings: basic spices such as salt and pepper.
Guacamole is such an easy and quick recipe to make but a few key ingredients truly do take it up several notches. For example, garlic and red onion adds some bold flavor and depth to this guacamole recipe. Also, herbs like chopped cilantro add some herbaceous freshness. And some simple pinches of salt/pepper round out this guacamole. And yes, even your guac should be seasoned, please don’t upset me.
How To Make This Guacamole Recipe
(Note: please see the recipe card directly below for the complete written instructions.)
Y’all, this guacamole recipe couldn’t be any easier to make than with two snaps of your fingers 🖤
- Step one. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop into a bowl.
- Step two. Use a potato masher or a fork to mash the avocados together.
- Step three. Add in the tomatoes, onions, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, lime, and salt/pepper.
- Step four. Give everything a good stir to fully bring the guacamole together.
- Step five. Home runnn…Enjoy your guacamole with tortilla chips or as you desire!
Other Great Recipes You May Enjoy
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Birria Quesatacos with Consomé
- Ultimate Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Watermelon Margarita Recipe
- Chicken with Caper Cream Sauce
- The Best Fried Catfish (Fish Fry 101)
- Perfect Classic Meatloaf
- Creamy Rasta Pasta
How To Store This Guacamole
*I find it hard to believe that there will be any leftovers but just in case…here are a few tips!
- Place the guacamole into a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Apply light pressure to ensure that the plastic wrap fully seals (just like a skin) onto the guacamole. This ensures that there is no airflow going on and helps to prevent the guacamole from oxidizing and turning brown too quickly.
- Another method that some folks swear by is to keep the avocado pits and put them into the bowl with the guac. I do not find that this method works much, I prefer the former method for best results.
Let’s Talk About Spiciness
There is a subtle amount of heat from the jalapeño. I recommend removing the inner seeds for less spiciness (this is where most of the heat is). However, if you’re not a fan of spice, simply omit the jalapeño in this guacamole recipe altogether. Additionally, an alternate form of spice would be red pepper flakes, about 1/2-1 teaspoon. It all depends on your preference level.
Ways To Enjoy This Guacamole Recipe
- with some salty tortilla or pita chips.
- quesadillas are perfect for dipping or topping.
- alongside your favorite tacos (birria tacos or carnitas tacos!).
- spread on top of your toast or sandwiches.
- topped onto burrito bowls.
- dolloped onto deviled eggs.
- on top of loaded nachos.
- …and enjoy with a salad.
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
UNTIL NEXT TIME…LOVE AND BUTTER,
A delicious, easy, and fresh guacamole recipe that is truly the best! This guac is loaded with cilantro, red onions, roma tomatoes, jalapeños, garlic, and lime juice! So easy to make for any occasion!
- 4 large ripe avocados
- 1 small roma tomato, inside pits removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 small limes, juiced
- salt/pepper, to taste
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the inside pits, and then scoop it into a large mixing bowl. Use a potato masher/fork to mash the avocados together (chunky/ultra smooth).
- Slice the tomato in half and use a spoon to scoop out the inner section. This way you will only be using mainly the outer portion- add the chopped tomatoes into the same bowl along with the red onion, jalapeño, minced garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and salt/pepper.
- Mix everything together to fully combine all of the ingredients nicely.
- Taste the guacamole and adjust seasoning to preference by adding more salt/pepper.
- Enjoy guacamole with tortilla chips or as desired.
- Storing: Place the guacamole into a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Apply light pressure to ensure that the plastic wrap fully seals (just like a skin) onto the guacamole. This ensures that there is no airflow and helps to prevent the guacamole from oxidizing and turning brown too quickly. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Category: Appetizers & Snacks
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: guacamole, mexican, appetizers, snacks